The flawlessly executed sacred event is the culmination of the dedication and years of hard work the monks put in to master the nuances of performing masked dance. The monks perform the dance wearing colorful silk brocade and ferocious mask. The event encapsulates the essence of the traditional arts and crafts of Bhutan and its culture. The highlight of the Paro Tshechu is the unfurling of the Thongdrel on the final day. At the break of dawn, the giant applique scroll is unfurled for public display. The painting depicts a seated Guru Rinpoche. Locals believe that a mere sight of the painting cleanses bad karma and accumulate good merits.
Departure/Return LocationParo Airport
Departure TimePlease arrive by 9:15 AM for a departure at 9:30 AM
Return TimeApproximately 8:30 PM
Dress CodeDress in formal if not Gho or Kira(National dress)
Not Included3-Star AccommodationBhutan Visa FeeFlightsTransportWater Bottle
- After landing into the country, you will be welcomed by our representatives, your guide and driver for the rest of your trip.
- You'll be guided to your hotel. Freshen up and get well dressed and formally too.
- Have breakfast.
- Head towards the Dzong for the Tshechu.
- Head back to some restaurant or hotel for the lunch.
- Again back to Dzong for the rest of the program.